Nation of Lot ( Pompeii)
80. We also (sent) Lut: He said to his people: “Do ye commit lewdness such as no people in creation (ever) committed before you?
81. “For ye practise your lusts on men in preference to women : ye are indeed a people transgressing beyond bounds.”
82. And his people gave no answer but this: they said, “Drive them out of your city: these are indeed men who want to be clean and pure!”
83. But we saved him and his family, except his wife: she was of those who legged behind.
84. And we rained down on them a shower (of brimstone): Then see what was the end of those who indulged in sin and crime!
Hud – Quran
77. When Our messengers came to Lut, he was grieved on their account and felt himself powerless (to protect) them. He said: “This is a distressful day.”
78. And his people came rushing towards him, and they had been long in the habit of practising abominations. He said: “O my people! Here are my daughters: they are purer for you (if ye marry)! Now fear Allah, and cover me not with shame about my guests! Is there not among you a single right-minded man?”
79. They said: “Well dost thou know we have no need of thy daughters: indeed thou knowest quite well what we want!”
80. He said: “Would that I had power to suppress you or that I could betake myself to some powerful support.”
81. (The Messengers) said: “O Lut! We are Messengers from thy Lord! By no means shall they reach thee! now travel with thy family while yet a part of the night remains, and let not any of you look back: but thy wife (will remain behind): To her will happen what happens to the people. Morning is their time appointed: Is not the morning nigh?”
82. When Our Decree issued, We turned (the cities) upside down, and rained down on them brimstones hard as baked clay, spread, layer on layer
83. Marked as from thy Lord: Nor are they ever far from those who do wrong!